Las Lomas High School Nurse Services
School Nurse/Health Services
- The Health Office is located adjacent to the Attendance Office. The Nurse is available during most days after 1st period. The School Nurse is a Registered Nurse with a specialized California credential in School Health with a BS and Masters in Nursing. The Health Office has facilities for students who become ill, need first aid, or require medical assistance.
- AUHSD School Nurse services include:
- Management of student health/medical issues
- Medication administration and training
- Hearing and Vision Screening
- Case Management, including Individualized Healthcare Plans for students with significant health problems (diabetes, seizures, asthma, severe allergies) and is a member of SRT, SST and IEP support systems for students with physical and mental health problems.
- First aid and emergency care, including Student Injury Reports
- Health and Safety Programming
- Health Education: individual and group
- STUDENT ILLNESS & INJURY:
- Students who are too ill to continue classroom activities will report to the Attendance Office with a pass from their teacher. The student’s parent/guardian will be notified of the situation and will be expected to make appropriate arrangements for the student to leave campus. It is critical that all emergency numbers be kept up-to-date in the event of student illness or emergency. Students are advised to have this information with them at all times.
- Injuries: A Student Injury Report must be completed by staff at the time of injury and processed by the School Nurse. Forms are available in the School Nurse’s Office and PE & Athletic Trainer’s Office.
- Students must sign in and out with the Attendance Office before leaving campus in case of injury or illness. Parents/guardians, please bring medical documentation indicating reason for being seen, permission to return to school, and plan for evaluation after MD visit.
- Students who are ill are encouraged to stay home. Students experiencing a fever (99.5º po without medication) and/or any infectious symptoms such as vomiting/diarrhea are asked to stay home until they are symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
- Las Lomas High School: Kathleen Mooney RN MN PHN – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Las Lomas Health Office Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 9:30AM-3:15PM with periodic exceptions.
- (925) 280-3920 ext. 2112